Minor Nuisances

Fair point! I had a few people lose some luck thinking they were making story requests, though. On the other hand, it was a pretty easy change.

In other news, I now have enough forum posts to notice that the web portal puts oldest posts on top. It makes sense to me that way on the game (scrolling), but seems like it should be the other way round on the web, mimicking most inboxes.

Of course, what I REALLY want are fancy sorting columns for everything, but that might be asking a bit much.

It’s a good idea - I added it to the todo list. If it annoys me too much I can always add a config option :slight_smile:

I’ve gone back and forth on the oldest-first thing. It’s a question of whether it’s better to go with what’s most intuitive for the medium (on MU, your eyes track toward the bottom, on web toward the top) or making it consistent between the two. I’m open to other feedback if you want to make a separate thread for folks to weigh in on.

Fancy sorting columns is a bit much for V1, but I agree that’s ideal :slight_smile:

Sure, I can do that. Where I really find I want fancy sorting (in V3, clearly) is on jobs, where I want to sort by type, assigned, status, etc.

1 Like

When doing create/reserve it outputs a message that says: %% Character Name created. Temporary password is xxx.

Can we have it remove the period from the end? I know it’s grammatically correct, but it’s very easy to copy+paste and confuse people. Plus, password reset doesn’t have a period at the end.

1 Like

Can we have profile process markdown for hooks, like it does when you type hooks?

You can change the message yourself pretty easily - it’s in a locale file.

1 Like

Quite true! I’ve fixed it in the next patch though.

After I click “Search”, it defaults to the Wiki Search (good), but the cursor does not default to the search field. Is that possible to do?

1 Like

There doesn’t seem to be a way to see someone’s alias without paging them. Be nice if it showed in the profile + who

1 Like

I was dorking around and renamed my character to something while in an IC room, then changed it back.

This caused Pose Order to “lose its mind” any time anyone posed.

KarmaBum tests.
%% Sorry! The code lost its mind while executing a command.  Not your fault.
Please send this error information to the admins and tell them what you were doing at the time:
Description: ":tests."
Error: "undefined method `id' for nil:NilClass"

I was able to fix it by skipping the now defunct name, so it’s not a major issue, but it’s something to note.

I’ll fix that, thanks.

Minor issue with owner command. I used owner <name> expecting it to target the room I was standing in (that’s how it previously worked) and got

%% Sorry! The code lost its mind while executing a command.  Not your fault.
Please send this error information to the admins and tell them what you were doing at the time:
Description: "owner <name>"
Error: "undefined method `list' for #<AresMUSH::Rooms::OwnerCmd:0x00000000053a17b8>"

It worked just fine when I did owner here=<name>.

1 Like

%% Green has started a new Open scene here. … Can I get the scene # included in that message?

Ex: %% Green has started a new Open scene (#341) here.

1 Like

Could you add auto-focus to the wiki search page?

<p>{{input type="text" size=50 id="text" value=searchText autofocus="autofocus" enter="search"}}</p>

should do it… right here:

Autofocus and tab order are unfortunately flakey on ember apps.

I have it on Chontio, for whatever it’s worth. It only works when you first click “Search”, doesn’t work when you go between types of searches. Good enough for me! Though I appreciate if you don’t want that in master. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is a super duper tiny small thing.

When you Dude1 vs Dude2? Dude2 will be capitalized if he wins, but Dude1 will not be.

<FS3> Dude1 rolls Playwithme (7 7 6 4 1) vs Dude2’s Playwithme (6 5 4 4 1)
<FS3> Victory for dude1.

1 Like

If this isn’t a good place to put this, let me know and I’ll make a new thread. Firstly, I’m on version .41. And I don’t have any errors popping up in my log, so things are working the way they’re supposed to.

However, when I want to create a new job on the game, I have to type job/create Title=Category/Body instead of job/create Category=Title/Body as per the help files. I didn’t mess with any of the jobs code so I was wondering if anyone else was having this happen.

Looks like there was a code update to clean up the jobs command that rearranged the args a bit:

Yeah apparently I neglected to update the help file when I did that. Will fix.