V0.62 Released

Beta V0.62 is now released, with a bunch of new features and a few fixes. This version requires a restart.

If you’re using the cookies extra, there’s a special upgrade step explained at the end of the release notes.

Release Notes
How to Upgrade

1 Like

On my test server, I’m typing emit test, and getting back:

Wizard says, “\test”

\test works as intended.

1 Like

Oops. Sorry about that. I apparently tested every combination except the obvious :astonished:

I just pushed a hotfix. If you run upgrade again you should get it. No restart required.

1 Like

Awesome. :slight_smile: Thank you. :slight_smile:

No other things noticed on the test game. It seems like everything is working on GH, but the install had a pile of errors for the achievements:

2019-09-01 19:00:50 ERROR - Error parsing achievements: AresMUSH::Scenes undefined method `[]=’ for nil:NilClass

Several pages of that. And the achievements page has some weirds on it:

https://gray-harbor.com/achievements

Edit to add:

The achievements are rewarding a bit wonky.

[Game] Malachi has earned the achievement: Participated in 13 scenes.
[Game] Daisy has earned the achievement: Participated in 17 scenes.

They’re getting a single achievement Participated in 17 scenes. and have lost the previous 10 / 20 / 50 / etc. achievements.

Can you get me a file/line number for the []= error from the log please?

And yes, there are no longer individual achievements for # of scenes, it’s a single achievement that counts up as you reach new milestones. But it’s only supposed to re-award it at specific milestones, and not like at every scene. So that part isn’t right.

There isn’t one. It happened during the upgrade. Pages and pages of this -

2019-09-01 19:00:48 ERROR - Error parsing achievements: AresMUSH::Scenes undefined method `[]=’ for nil:NilClass

Beginning here -

2019-09-01 19:00:48 DEBUG - Achievements.

2019-09-01 19:00:48 DEBUG - FS3 incapable rename.

2019-09-01 19:00:48 INFO - Applying migration 0044_beta62_update

And ending here -

2019-09-01 19:00:53 INFO - AresMUSH version 0.62. Boot Options: []. API Proxy: true

2019-09-01 19:00:50 INFO - Migrations complete.

2019-09-01 19:00:50 INFO - Migration 0044_beta62_update applied.

1 Like

Worked with KarmaBum offline and it seems that there was a problem with the migration that transferred past achievements from the old ‘levelled’ way:

Multiple achievements: “Participated in 10 scenes. Participated in 20 scenes.”

to the new “counted” way:

Single achievement that increases as you hit milestones: “Participated in 20 scenes.”

I think it’s fixed now, so hopefully anyone else getting the 62 upgrade won’t have the same problem. If you already upgraded to 62 and had these errors, let me know and I can talk you through the workaround.

1 Like

CHEEVS! <3

Thank you for all this. They’re silly, non-tangible thingies, but people (myself included) really get into collecting them. :smiley: