V0.58 Released

Scene content warnings, NPC relationship images and alt switching (on the portal) highlight the new features in Beta V0.58. And, of course, there are some fixes for nuisances as well.

Release Notes
How to Upgrade

ETA: KarmaBum discovered that this version does actually need a game restart. Sorry about that. There’s a workaround down below if you want to try to avoid the restart.

This seems to have broken posing and OOC (test server):

2019-07-30 01:53:15 ERROR - Error in :tests.: client=8 error=wrong number of arguments (given 1, expected 0) backtrace=["/home/ares/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.6.0/gems/ohm-3.1.1/lib/ohm.rb:991:in block in reference'", "/home/ares/aresmush/plugins/scenes/helpers.rb:393:informat_for_place’", “/home/ares/aresmush/plugins/scenes/helpers.rb:416:in custom_format'", "/home/ares/aresmush/plugins/scenes/helpers.rb:317:inblock in emit_pose’”, “/home/ares/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.6.0/gems/ohm-3.1.1/lib/ohm.rb:123:in block (2 levels) in each'", "/home/ares/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.6.0/gems/ohm-3.1.1/lib/ohm.rb:123:ineach’”, “/home/ares/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.6.0/gems/ohm-3.1.1/lib/ohm.rb:123:in block in each'", "/home/ares/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.6.0/gems/ohm-3.1.1/lib/ohm.rb:122:ineach’”, “/home/ares/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.6.0/gems/ohm-3.1.1/lib/ohm.rb:122:in each_slice'", "/home/ares/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.6.0/gems/ohm-3.1.1/lib/ohm.rb:122:ineach’”]

1 Like

Maybe a merge conflict? Posing/OOC works just fine on my test server.

The line in question (scene helpers line 393) is this:

if (!enactor.place(room) || is_ooc)

And that’s calling the place method in places/public/places_char.rb, which expects a room argument:

def place(room)
1 Like

@KarmaBum : Actually I think I know what happened. Because the signature of the ‘place’ method changed, it’s getting confused and still trying to use the old one.

I’m going to tag this release as needing a restart for this reason. There were some other engine changes that make it good to restart anyway.

I think you can avoid the restart, though, if you just do:

ruby Character.instance_eval { undef_method :place }
load places
1 Like

Could it be that I did it as a live update and not with a restart?

'Cause it works on my test server (which is just vanilla Ares, none of my code is on it ATM) now that I rebooted it.

Edit: Answers that. :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you for the account switcher. It’s awesome and exactly what I had in mind. :smiley:

My one request/suggestion is to make it a toggle? Click the carrot, drop down; click again, retract.

I also had to fiddle with some z-indexes to keep it from falling behind the navbar (but that could be a matter of my CSS being sucky).

1 Like

This is a really small account switcher thing.

• I have Tab A & Tab B open.
  • I switch from KarmaBum to Graham in Tab A.
  • Tab B changes over to KarmaBum, but - if I try to change back in that tab - KarmaBum isn’t in the dropdown list. Shows up when I refresh, though.
1 Like