V0.52/53 Released

A special (and hopefully rare… it’s a silly story) double release - Beta 0.52 and 0.53. You do not have to upgrade twice… just follow the usual upgrade process and you’ll get both.

Note: This upgrade requires a game restart.

How to Upgrade

This is a fairly big patch with a lot of important fixes and some new features as well. There are some new config options, too, so you’ll want to pay close attention to the release notes.

0.52 Release Notes
0.53 Release Notes

Special thanks to @Tat and the folks at Spirit Lake for being my guinea pigs and pre-testing both releases. This addressed the significant lag they were experiencing.

1 Like

“Recent” scenes seems to be missing/broken.

The listing is gone in the sidebox on the portal. On the Scenes page, no recent scenes show up; switching to “All” works, then back to “Recent” is blank. On a character page, the recent logs are there, but switching to “All” shows all scenes - not just ones featuring that character - and switching back to “Recent” leaves it blank again.

https://gray-harbor.com/char/KarmaBum <-- Shows the character glitch
https://gray-harbor.com/scenes <-- Shows the scenes page glitch

Hrm. That happened on Spirit Lake too but I thought I’d fixed the migrator. Try running this in a tinker:

recent = Scene.shared_scenes.to_a.sort_by { |s| s.date_shared || s.created_at }.reverse[0..29]
    Game.master.update(recent_scenes: recent.map { |r| r.id })
1 Like

Fixed it right up. Gracias. :slight_smile:

Cool. That’s literally the code right out of the migrator file so I really have no idea why the migrator isn’t working. Strange!

It is still doing the thing on character pages - if you go to a character page, the “Recent Scenes” works fine, but changing to “All” gets you all Scenes for the whole game, not just ones for that character.

Not a world-ender, since there’s a “Search Scenes” button right there.

1 Like

And one more~

When saving a character profile from the web, it’s giving the “Oops! Something went wrong” error message (but is still saving the change):

2019-06-22 12:30:51 ERROR - Unhandled web request: {“cmd”=>“profileSave”, “args”=>{“id”=>“8”, “demographics”=>{“full name”=>“KarmaBum”, “hair”=>“Yellow”, “physique”=>“Sock Puppet”, “gender”=>“Female”, “position”=>“Game Admin”}, “rp_hooks”=>“spammy”, “gallery”=>["/karmabum/chester.jpg"], “profile”=>{“List Of Tags”=>“more spammy”}, “bg_shared”=>“false”, “lastwill”=>“none of your business”, “profile_image”=>“chester.jpg”, “profile_icon”=>“chester.jpg”}, “api_key”=>“ba8e17df-a191-4427-90aa-302d3426319c”, “auth”=>{“authenticator”=>“authenticator:ares”, “token”=>“86c4c895-e27b-44fe-8631-21cb27bf6cc6”, “name”=>“KarmaBum”, “id”=>“8”, “is_approved”=>“true”, “is_admin”=>“true”, “is_coder”=>“true”}}.

2019-06-22 12:30:51 ERROR - Error in Web Request: client= error=undefined local variable or method char' for # backtrace=["/home/ares/aresmush/plugins/profile/public/profile_char.rb:37:inset_profile’", “/home/ares/aresmush/plugins/profile/web/profile_save_request_handler.rb:60:in handle'", "/home/ares/aresmush/engine/aresmush/commands/dispatcher.rb:130:inblock (2 levels) in on_web_request’”, “/home/ares/aresmush/engine/aresmush/commands/dispatcher.rb:124:in each'", "/home/ares/aresmush/engine/aresmush/commands/dispatcher.rb:124:inblock in on_web_request’”, “/home/ares/aresmush/engine/aresmush/error_block.rb:6:in with_error_handling'", "/home/ares/aresmush/engine/aresmush/commands/dispatcher.rb:123:inon_web_request’”, “/home/ares/aresmush/engine/aresmush/web/engine_api_server.rb:79:in block in handle_request'", "/home/ares/aresmush/engine/aresmush/error_block.rb:6:inwith_error_handling’”, “/home/ares/aresmush/engine/aresmush/web/engine_api_server.rb:71:in `handle_request’”]

Ninja edit to add: OMG jobs on the portal are so much faster now. You’re the best. <3 <3 <3

1 Like

Oops, yeah… It’s saving the profile change but having an error when it tries to add it to recent changes. I’ll fix that in the next patch. If you want to get the change immediately, just modify the last line of set_profile in plugins/profile/public/profile_char.rb to use self.name instead of char.name:

Website.add_to_recent_changes('char', version.id, self.name)

@tat You might want that too since I imagine your people are probably editing their profiles pretty often.

2 Likes

Yay, thanks. Worked like a charm. :smiley:

This is a great overall update. The portal is like greased lightning. <3

1 Like

Hey Faraday, thanks for the fix on the OOC comments, but it’s not really what was asked for, at all, and sadly creates the same problem for me, though inverted, because now I have to paste all that stuff back in (and it’s even harder now).

The purpose of my request was to tag rolls and OOC with the prefis they have in game. I want the choice to include them or not in my local logs, to use my rules to format them or strip them (I always keep a raw log for important posterity and ooc lulz and a formatted log for reading). I don’t want that choice taken away from me when I have no choice but to use the portal to finish a scene.

Sorry! Guess I misunderstood what you were asking for.

I’m afraid that adding the same prefixes as in-game for system things (like rolls) isn’t possible given the scene architecture. The web is not an exact mirror of the messages in-game, and the scene sys doesn’t store what type of system pose something is. The best I can do right now is tag them with <System> as in the previous patch. Sorry.

I understand the desire to include ooc comments (with an prefix) in the download output. Unfortunately that would basically involve building a more complex Download screen with options instead of just a simple ‘Download’ button. I’ll put it on the wish list to maybe do in the future, but I think that’s a pretty uncommon desire versus the typical wish to strip OOC comments out of finished logs (which is the current behavior). If I’m wrong on that, others are free to chime in and I will reconsider the priority.

[System] would be a great compromise. I can parse the difference on my end since they are predictably formatted after that.

I totally understand dealing with limitations and it makes sense something that requires that much of a refactor would need to get pushed (and may never be gotten to).

1 Like

V53 should have the tag appended to system poses like rolls and combats. One catch is that after the scene gets shared, the system poses are grouped together into blocks (for aesthetics) and the individual originals deleted (for performance), so the tag will appear on an entire block, like so:

Faraday dances.

Cate says, "Test"

<System> <---------------------------------------

C attacks J with Rifle and HITS!  Flesh Wound wound to Abdomen. (Reduced by ARMOR)

M attacks Y with Rifle+Ap and HITS!  Flesh Wound wound to Chest. (Reduced by ARMOR)

<---------------------------------------

Posting a scene (vignette) with the “Scene Completed” box ticked causes the scene to not show up in the recent scenes listing.

Unsharing and resharing fixes it.

1 Like

I’m a person who’d rather like to be able to have the OOCs from portal scenes also. I do basically the same thing as Monkey (keep all my logs, then also save ‘cleaned’ ones… assuming I get around to cleaning them…). However, I probably wouldn’t want them sitting around visibly in shared scenes, only if I downloaded (presumably with an option)… Since it’s already a dropdown, though, I don’t think it’d need a complex screen, just a second option – maybe Download Clean Log, and then Download Complete Log, or something like that.

1 Like