V0.50 Release

Beta V0.50 is now released.

Release Notes

How to Upgrade

Note: This version requires a game restart.

1 Like

Could we please get forum/mute to include edit notifications? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Getting this error when people access chat from the web:

2019-05-29 11:21:05 ERROR - Error in Web Request: client= error=undefined method created_at' for nil:NilClass backtrace=["/home/ares/aresmush/plugins/channels/web/chat_request_handler.rb:45:inblock in handle’", “/home/ares/aresmush/plugins/channels/web/chat_request_handler.rb:36:in each'", "/home/ares/aresmush/plugins/channels/web/chat_request_handler.rb:36:inhandle’”, “/home/ares/aresmush/engine/aresmush/commands/dispatcher.rb:130:in block (2 levels) in on_web_request'", "/home/ares/aresmush/engine/aresmush/commands/dispatcher.rb:124:ineach’”, “/home/ares/aresmush/engine/aresmush/commands/dispatcher.rb:124:in block in on_web_request'", "/home/ares/aresmush/engine/aresmush/error_block.rb:6:inwith_error_handling’”, “/home/ares/aresmush/engine/aresmush/commands/dispatcher.rb:123:in on_web_request'", "/home/ares/aresmush/engine/aresmush/web/engine_api_server.rb:77:inblock in handle_request’”, “/home/ares/aresmush/engine/aresmush/error_block.rb:6:in `with_error_handling’”]

Apparently, it started sometime in the wee hours.

1 Like

So that line is:

last_activity: t.sorted_messages.to_a[-1].created_at,

I failed to error check if sorted_messages[-1] was nil, so if you have no page convos that’ll happen.

Will fix in the next patch obviously, but in the mean time - just have somebody page the person with the issue and it should fix itself (for now).

Paging them doesn’t seem to have fixed it. :frowning:

The only thing I know I changed with the chat/PM on the portal stuff is setting the timeout to 10 days for pages?

Oh I see. The deletion caused an empty page thread (where there’s a record of a conversation but all the messages have been deleted). And that’s what’s causing the nil. There’s probably a ruby coder workaround we can do to remove zombie threads if you want to, or I’ll get a patch out soon.

If it’s something I can just mash buttons and fix temporarily, I don’t have a problem doing it. Though I imagine people will have the issue intermittently as their pages time-out and I’m not mashing things. :smiley:

Anyway.

Whatever’s clever. People will cope till you can make a fixey thing, I’m sure. #beta :smiley: