V0.48 Released

Beta V0.48 is now released. This is a big patch with several big new features, so please be on the lookout and notify me of any odd behavior.

A game engine restart is NOT required, but you may want to do so at the earliest opportunity to get a bugfix for some inconsistent capitalization on titlecased skills and such.

Release Notes
How to Upgrade

1 Like

On the PM chat display, at the bottom is the box that says Who’s On name. I don’t know if this is anything you can squash when in a PM or not, but thought I’d throw it out there.

It’s there deliberately to show the people who are involved in the chat.

There’s a slight limitation where if the conversation starts while you’re on the portal, you won’t see faces there right away. But next time you load the page they’ll be there.

Caused badness. :frowning:

Portal profile pages were inaccessible, and the error log said something about an uninitialized constant in FS3Skills. When I did a shutdown/restart, Ares wouldn’t load.

I’ll install later tonight or early tomorrow, and paste the error message.

That’s strange. The upgrade went fine on the demo server. Do you have any custom code that could have been affected by a merge conflict maybe? If you send me the error message I can check it out.

I tried to run it on my test, where I have nothing custom, and got:

AresMUSH failed to start. Check the highest-numbered log in game/logs for more information.

Which is what happened on the live game. There’s nothing in the error log, though. Normal shutdown is the last line, and nothing came up as a conflict.

What do you see if you start the game in debug mode? There should be something on the console indicating why it failed to start.

I figured it out. I had made a change to char_profile_request_handler.rb that made the game unhappy.

(On the test, I was just a dummy and forgot I was doing https testing with it and had things all out of whack.)

Thank you for your help!

1 Like

I’m not sure if this is something I did or not? When looking at an app on the web, it’s giving an error:

2019-05-12 17:31:26 ERROR - Error in Web Request: client= error=undefined local variable or method job' for AresMUSH::Chargen:Module backtrace=["/home/ares/aresmush/plugins/chargen/helpers.rb:199:inbuild_app_review_info’", “/home/ares/aresmush/plugins/chargen/web/app_review_request_handler.rb:27:in handle'", "/home/ares/aresmush/engine/aresmush/commands/dispatcher.rb:130:inblock (2 levels) in on_web_request’”, “/home/ares/aresmush/engine/aresmush/commands/dispatcher.rb:124:in each'", "/home/ares/aresmush/engine/aresmush/commands/dispatcher.rb:124:inblock in on_web_request’”, “/home/ares/aresmush/engine/aresmush/error_block.rb:6:in with_error_handling'", "/home/ares/aresmush/engine/aresmush/commands/dispatcher.rb:123:inon_web_request’”, “/home/ares/aresmush/engine/aresmush/web/engine_api_server.rb:77:in block in handle_request'", "/home/ares/aresmush/engine/aresmush/error_block.rb:6:inwith_error_handling’”, “/home/ares/aresmush/engine/aresmush/web/engine_api_server.rb:71:in `handle_request’”]

Edit to add - when trying to set an ability to 0 on a character who had it added by mistake in chargen, getting:

2019-05-12 17:43:08 ERROR - Error in ability Edison=String Figures/0: client=229 error=undefined method name' for nil:NilClass backtrace=["/home/ares/aresmush/plugins/fs3skills/helpers/chargen.rb:53:inability_raised_text’", “/home/ares/aresmush/plugins/fs3skills/commands/set_ability_cmd.rb:57:in block in handle'", "/home/ares/aresmush/engine/aresmush/helpers/class_target_finder.rb:25:inwith_a_character’”, “/home/ares/aresmush/plugins/fs3skills/commands/set_ability_cmd.rb:45:in handle'", "/home/ares/aresmush/engine/aresmush/plugin/command_handler.rb:25:inon_command’”, “/home/ares/aresmush/engine/aresmush/commands/dispatcher.rb:83:in block (3 levels) in on_command'", "/home/ares/aresmush/engine/aresmush/error_block.rb:6:inwith_error_handling’”, “/home/ares/aresmush/engine/aresmush/commands/dispatcher.rb:78:in block (2 levels) in on_command'", "/home/ares/aresmush/engine/aresmush/commands/dispatcher.rb:76:ineach’”, “/home/ares/aresmush/engine/aresmush/commands/dispatcher.rb:76:in `block in on_command’”]

I’m running through all my schtuff to see if this is a me-thing.

1 Like

No, those aren’t you. Will fix in the next patch, thanks. I’ll get that out soon so it doesn’t hold up your folks in chargen.

1 Like