Suggestion: scene/end for private scenes

In private scenes, when you scene/end it boops you back to the OOC room. I would love it to instead either boop me home, or boop me back to the room I was in when I joined (or started) the scene.

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion.

Iā€™m open to hearing discussion on the subject, but hereā€™s what I was thinkingā€¦

When a scene ends, the RP is over. At that point youā€™re probably in an indeterminate state IC. Punting you back to some IC location (whether thatā€™s your home, or wherever you last were) is not necessarily where you want to be either, and it might pop you into the middle of some other ongoing scene.

Sending you back to OOC land is a clear transition and lets you decide whether you want to stay there (because youā€™re done for the night), go home ('cause thatā€™s where you like to log off) or go back IC (to your last IC location).

I also really hate this. I generally expect it to return me to where Iā€™ve set my home, as I consider that to be like. My home base.

I can see how game culture might differ on this, though. Iā€™ve not played many games where an OOC room is a thing.

1 Like

For whatever itā€™s worth, I donā€™t like it for these two reasons:

1. I hate the OOC room and never want to be there.
  2. It makes me feel uncomfortable to have everyone in there be like ā€˜oh, she finished her scene!ā€™ I donā€™t know why, but having it essentially be an announcement makes me feel self-conscious and weird.
1 Like

You donā€™t want to walk of shameā€¦? :smile:

Iā€™d prefer if I could be sent home, plz. I have no issue with the culture, itā€™s more just the disorientation of being dumped into a crowded room, where suddenly everythingā€™s busy. If my RP is over, Iā€™d like to go back to my quiet place. And i think that might be philosophical difference: My home in a MU is like 80% quiet place to idle, 10% indicator to folks using where that Iā€™m likely available for play but not currently engaged in it (And not unattended idling), and 10% smutty bedroom stuff.

1 Like

That might be the key difference here in philosophy ā€“ on the games I mostly play, there are no private residences and therefore no ā€œquiet homeā€ to go back to. I donā€™t even have a home set half the time. And when I do, itā€™s most likely to be the Barracks or the Ranch or somewhere thatā€™s equally likely to be ā€œa room filled with other people doing somethingā€ ā€“ only this time itā€™s IC.

Maybe Iā€™ll just make it an option you can set.

1 Like

I think thatā€™s ideal, an option. Because if your home is a communal space you canā€™t idle in, but often go to, then yes. This would be a pain in the butt.

I would absolutely love for it to be an option that I can toggle off. Iā€™m a Spirit Lake player, and it bugs me enough that I literally just set up a client side event to automatically go to my REAL HOME if that ever happens to me.