Scene Privacy Question

So I’m about to go public with a game and it’s filled with players who are very new to MUing and they all have one major question; how private are private scenes?

I told them I have not been able to find a way for even staff to review logs of private scenes but I thought I’d ask too. We want to be sure that private scenes can only be seen/read by people invited to the scene, is that correct? Or is there a staff audit function of some sort?

To be clear, I’m not asking for such a feature to be added to the game. I prefer private scenes to be just that, private. I just want to be 100% sure in what I’m telling my players about it. Thanks.
Also, they all want to thank Faraday for creating Ares which has allowed them to find an avenue for RP that they would not have found otherwise. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Anyone with coder permissions or server shell permissions can theoretically view anything in the database, including private scenes. However there is no in-game or in-portal staff command to view a private scene.

Also thanks :slight_smile: