Renaming combat vehicles and mounts?

Just wondering if this is something that could be done. I glanced at the vehicle code, and I have a feeling it might be a huge ask, but I thought I’d put it out there.

Something something for the sake of immersion - combat/mount war horse=Silver or combat/pilot Corellian Freighter=Millennium Falcon

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, but yeah, sorry, that’s not something I’m willing to take on.

Vehicles actually already have names (like “Viper-A7”); you just don’t see or use those names much because everything is geared around the pilot. You combat/attack Han and the messages say “Tie7 attacks Han with blasters…” and people generally do vehicle/passenger Han to get in. The vehicle name doesn’t really show up much. This helps the humans keep track of who’s who.

So while technically you could give vehicles more descriptive names with a few code tweaks, it wouldn’t really be used anywhere. I don’t think it would be worth the effort, but it wouldn’t take much custom code if you really wanted to.

Mounts aren’t individualized entities like vehicles. That’s why they don’t track damage. They’re more like armor, actually, so giving them names is not feasible without significant code changes.

10/4. Thanks for the feedback. Will see how much I can break stuff. :smiley:

1 Like