Minor Nuisances

Unshared scenes don’t seem to be falling off after 20 days (which is what we have set in the config). There’s one from June lurking in my history. Is anyone else having an issue with unshared, long-stopped scenes scenes not clearing after the expiry?

I haven’t seen that issue. Can you share your config settings for unshared_scene_deletion_days and unshared_scene_cleanup_cron?
Also you can check your log file for error messages. There might be something interrupting the cleanup process.

On the web portal, for character pages, it’d be really cool to be able to specify a manual order for the custom Profile tabs.

3 Likes

I would really really really love to have my handle in lowercase.

1 Like

‘help areas’ doesn’t include area/set.

I had to dig around and found the syntax in ‘help building_tutorial’

2 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: Player Feedback for Channel Report

When you create an NPC relationship, if the NPC has the same name as a PC, the PC’s profile picture will be used unless you upload a custom picture for them. The expected behavior would be that if the NPC box is checked, it displays the grey person picture if nothing is uploaded.

1 Like

The web portal allows you to write disallowed formatting for channel messages– for instance, you can add newlines in the portal when composing your message, but these are stripped out without warning when your message is posted to the channel. Disallowing newlines or sending back a UI error before posting mangled text to a channel would be a better choice here.

Thanks for the feedback, but it’s operating as intended. I did at one point have the channel input box set to single-lines only, but that threw players off because that same box is shared with the play screen. So for channels, newlines are converted to spaces in both the web portal and client. I believe that’s more convenient to players than sending back an error message.

2 Likes

On the fs3-xp-costs page, I notice that Language costs aren’t listed. Shouldn’t they be there, with the rest?

1 Like

Yeah I guess nobody ever noticed before :slight_smile:

Searching for some Statuses doesn’t seem to be working; specifically, ‘Archived’. Is this something we can configure on our end, or is this a bug I’m running into?

Adding a status filter that has ‘ARCHIVED’ as a member doesn’t let Archived jobs list either.

@Grimdarque Archived jobs are special because the whole purpose of that status is to get them off your main jobs list to improve performance. The only way to get to them is through the jobs “Search” screen on the web portal.

Lately have been losing poses on the portal when forgetting and trying to use italics at the start of a pose. I happen to use the // as my italics characters. I know a couple other people had this issue, so thought I would report it to see if maybe there was a fix. :slight_smile:

Any pose on the portal using italics returns an “Unrecognized command.” response at hitting “add pose.”

*italics* also works.

The // issue should be fixed in .90.

Would it be possible to add a config option for the foyer output on the MUSH? Even just a “Show Occupied” toggle would be nice - just to hide the (Occupied) tag.

That’s a relatively trivial template change if a game really wants it. I don’t think that needs to be a config option.

Fair nuff. :slight_smile:

Would it be possible to have the “Unshared scenes may be deleted after # days” warning removed on the scenes-unshared page if the game isn’t deleting unshared scenes?