A couple folks have reported their connection to the game dropping unexpectedly from the play screen.
This can result in:
- A sad picard error, either when you send a message or when a new pose comes in.
- Poses not appearing (either your own or someone else’s) until you manually refresh the page.
I should note that scenario #2 is 100% expected if your work firewall blocks websocket connections, or you’re playing on a device that goes to sleep (a tablet or a closed laptop). When this happens, though, there should be a variety of notifications.
Across the top of the play screen:
A transient alert in the bottom-right:
And (depending on your game and browser notification settings), possibly also a desktop alert:
If you are getting play screen errors (either #1 or #2) it would be helpful if you could provide me more info to help figure out what’s happening:
- Game Information - Is this happening everywhere or just on certain games?
- Network Information - Is it happening only at work with a weird firewall, or only at home with a wonky wifi connection?
Error Details - Which scenario are you seeing, 1 or 2?
- If #1, can you get your game admin to send me the detailed error from the debug log?
- If #2, are you seeing any of the notifications I mentioned above?
Feel free to post or PM the info or anything else you think is relevant. Thanks!