Colors in +sheet

I miss colors in +sheet! I thought it was so much easier to see at a glance what a character was good at and how the skills compared.

On our old FS3 Pennmush game, my character’s sheet looks like:

On a new Ares game, my character’s sheet looks like:

I find the first much, much easier to read and grasp at a glance. I miss the colors. (And Tat told me to post it here.)

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! I kind of miss the colored dots too, but unfortunately they don’t transfer over very well to the new skill levels. In version 2, there were only four brackets (Novice, Proficient, Veteran, Master) with three sub-levels for each. So it was easy to do the colors corresponding to the brackets. In version 3, you don’t have that neat mapping and the names of the levels were more emphasized for clarity than the number of dots.

Just curious how hard it would be to add the actual numerical value to a sheet?

Alertness: 8 (Exceptional) [Per]

Or something similar.

That’s not something I’d add to the stock template, but it would be easy enough to do a custom code change if you’re comfortable editing the code.

Here’s the line of code that formats skill levels for the sheet: https://github.com/AresMUSH/aresmush/blob/master/plugins/fs3skills/templates/sheet_template.rb#L88

You’d just need to modify it to include s.rating in there somewhere along with the rating name.

1 Like

Beautiful, thank you! :slight_smile: