Colors and Fonts in Ember Power Select

I give in. I’ve tried reading the various webpages I’ve been pointed to and my dyslexia is kicking into hyperdrive.

I have two examples of things I’d like to try and change, anybody want to point me towards how I would change them?

Firstly, I would like the heading at the top left of my Web Portal to be a different font than the rest of the site. I’ve tried using CSS (probably incorrectly anyway) and have failed.

Secondly, I’m switching to a white text on black background for my theme and that’s caused problems on certain pages, namely the create scenes page and also on the actor list and the striped table on the ability list page.

Um. Help?

1 Like

You might have some luck using your browser’s “Inspect” feature and cribbing settings from Chontio or Spirit Lake, which both have dark themes.

This help topic explains how to add a custom font to your CSS. The example given changes the entire website font, but if you just want to apply it to the header just use .site-title instead of body.

If you haven’t yet, definitely make use of the browser inspection tools. I did a LOT of changing of specific things for light-on-dark (and still am sometimes, as I find them).

If there’s anything specific you’re having trouble finding, feel free to post here and I’ll help you take a look.

1 Like

@Skew also mentioned on the discord that folks are welcome to look at Chontio’s custom CSS for some ideas of things to customize for a dark theme. (Thanks skew!)

1 Like

Thanks, @Skew (and @Faraday for pushing it along over here).

I’ve been tweaking on a dark theme, and it’s good to have a notes to compare. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, you all can feel free to hmu on discord. I tried to put in notes there, for what bit of code did what, but mostly it’s vaguely self explanatory. Good luck!

2 Likes

Meant to say, seriously, thank you everyone who posted. Between inspect, the page Faraday linked me and Skew’s Chontio layout, I think I have it mostly sussed out.

:heart_eyes_cat: