Ares Forum Beta

As Ares moves closer to open beta, I want to have a place where people can get help, make suggestions, etc. My first impulse was a Google Group, but I’m not thrilled with it.

I’m toying around with a Discourse forum. And since it’ll be open for Ares discussions, I figured I’d also leave space for other discussions too (MU* related and general). I know it’ll never compete with MuSoapbox in terms of activity, but it could be a friendlier alternative for those who are interested in such a thing.

Try it out, let me know what you think.

You log in with your AresCentral handle username/password. This means your handle identity is also your forum identity, and your handle profile carries over too.

You’ll need to have an email set up on your handle account. That’s just a requirement of Discourse’s forum software - nothing I can do about it. It doesn’t have to be your real email - you can create a throwaway one just for MUs. Having an email registered on your handle account also lets you reset your password automatically. I promise I won’t do anything bad with your email. (See http://aresmush.com/privacy/ for a more specific promise/policy.)