V0.55 Released

Beta V0.55 is now released. This fixes the problems reported in v0.54 and some new features.

Release Notes
How to Upgrade

It seems that I introduced a bug in upgrade/start in version 0.54. If you get an error upgrading, do this:

For the coders - before you do the upgrade, manually fix this line in aresmush/plugins/manage/helpers.rb. The variable should be named upgrade_script_path to match the following line. Run load manage afterward, then do your upgrade as normal.

For folks who aren’t coders, just run this command manually instead of upgrade/start:

ruby `/home/ares/aresmush/bin/upgrade 2>&1`

Then run upgrade/finish as normal.

Stoked about portal combat. :smiley:

This seems to have reintroduced the “character edits not showing up under recent changes” thingie. Also, the events are linking to the event title rather than the event number (https://gray-harbor.com/event/Test -> should be /event/93).

1 Like

Yeah, the event link should be using ID. Doh.

The profile recent changes thing is now broken in a different and exciting way. :headdesk:

Thanks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Using the in-game cg/commands (cg/start, cg/next). The one below was “cg/next” specifically -

2019-07-05 13:53:13 ERROR - Error in cg/next: client=5214 error=No such file or directory @ rb_sysopen - /home/ares/aresmush/plugins/chargen/templates/app command.md backtrace=["/home/ares/aresmush/plugins/chargen/helpers.rb:49:in read'", "/home/ares/aresmush/plugins/chargen/helpers.rb:49:inread_tutorial’", “/home/ares/aresmush/plugins/chargen/templates/chargen_template.rb:26:in tutorial'", "(erubis):2:inblock in evaluate’”, “/home/ares/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.6.0/gems/erubis-2.7.0/lib/erubis/evaluator.rb:74:in instance_eval'", "/home/ares/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.6.0/gems/erubis-2.7.0/lib/erubis/evaluator.rb:74:inevaluate’”, “/home/ares/aresmush/engine/aresmush/templates/erb_template_renderer.rb:16:in render'", "/home/ares/aresmush/plugins/chargen/commands/chargen_next_prev_cmd.rb:42:inhandle’”, “/home/ares/aresmush/engine/aresmush/plugin/command_handler.rb:25:in on_command'", "/home/ares/aresmush/engine/aresmush/commands/dispatcher.rb:83:inblock (3 levels) in on_command’”]

1 Like

Right, sorry - I forgot to put in an upgrade note for that. Everyone should review their chargen steps. A couple of the defaults had files previously but now use text. But since folks may have made custom modifications to those files, I didn’t do an auto migration for that.

Here is the default config for reference: https://github.com/AresMUSH/aresmush/blob/master/install/game.distr/config/chargen.yml

1 Like

Gracias. Problem solved. :smiley:

1 Like

I have a feeling this is because I nuked someone on this person’s friends list…

2019-07-12 17:10:27 ERROR - Error in friend: client=15013 error=undefined method handle' for nil:NilClass backtrace=["/home/ares/aresmush/plugins/friends/templates/friends_template.rb:15:inblock in unlinked_friendships’", “/home/ares/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.6.0/gems/ohm-3.1.1/lib/ohm.rb:123:in block (2 levels) in each'", "/home/ares/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.6.0/gems/ohm-3.1.1/lib/ohm.rb:123:ineach’”, “/home/ares/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.6.0/gems/ohm-3.1.1/lib/ohm.rb:123:in block in each'", "/home/ares/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.6.0/gems/ohm-3.1.1/lib/ohm.rb:122:ineach’”, “/home/ares/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.6.0/gems/ohm-3.1.1/lib/ohm.rb:122:in each_slice'", "/home/ares/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.6.0/gems/ohm-3.1.1/lib/ohm.rb:122:ineach’”, “/home/ares/aresmush/plugins/friends/templates/friends_template.rb:15:in select'", "/home/ares/aresmush/plugins/friends/templates/friends_template.rb:15:inunlinked_friendships’”, “(erubis):16:in `block in evaluate’”]

Yeah the code should clear that out. Will fix thanks.

1 Like