Suggestion: Staff Cookie Exemption

Honestly, I feel Staff should be exempt from the ‘Top Cookie Earners’. I feel super weird when I’m on that list as a Staffer. I know people are going to give me cookies (or at least catch me in the ‘cookie/scene’ handout), but I want to see players in that list: not me as the staffer running the scene.

I know this is a largely depreciated plugin, but can it someday be updated so that Staff are no longer acknowledged in the top earners?

1 Like

I get where you’re coming from. As I envision it though - cookies are just a fun, mostly-meaningless way to say “thank you for fun RP”. Staff deserve that thanks as much as anyone. If you’re showing up on the leaderboard it just shows that you’re there running scenes for enough people who were appreciated - there’s no harm in that.

I like my cookies :slight_smile: :cookie:

But if the consensus is to change it, I don’t really feel too strongly about it.

More on this subject:

cookies shouldn’t go out to people who just chatted OOC.

We sometimes get people who will comment OOCly on scenes (which is totally fine! Peanut gallery chatter can be fun!), but they shouldn’t receive cookies when those are handed out.

1 Like

That’s really an unrelated issue to cookies. You probably shouldn’t be added to the scene participant list if you just comment OOC. Thanks for mentioning.

1 Like

Agreed, 100%.
I like the idea of people being able to watch / add comments OOC (esp. for me if I’m helping Paradox with a scene he’s running!), but I don’t want to receive cookies for it. :stuck_out_tongue: