Suggestion: No location for text scenes AND Stop & Share combo

I’m not sure if this is game specific but is there a way to not require a location for texting scenes? Having to add a meaningless location trips me up every time I go to share.

Oh and second suggestion, can we have a ‘Stop and Share’ option for scenes instead of doing it in two clicks?

1 Like

The text system is an add-on, so that would be up to @Skew and @Tat , who created/contributed the plugin.

Scenes in the core code always require a location because they have to be taking place somewhere. But the text code could certainly default that to something like “Over Text” or whatever so you don’t have to manually enter it.

I’ll consider stop&share as a single action - thanks for the suggestion.

1 Like

Texting in game using txt/newscene does default the location to ‘Text’ - but you have to set it up manually on the web portal like anything else. I don’t think there’s an easy way to change that?

1 Like

Oh yeah - but on the portal there’s really no way to tell that it’s a “text scene” when you first create it either, right? Some games define a scene type for that, but it’s at the game’s discretion and not strictly necessary (as I understand it). There wouldn’t be any way to set the scene type without custom code changes.

Yeah… just enter “Text”.

1 Like