Profile Tab Processing

I’m not sure if this is a .57 change or just didn’t come up between the last version where it worked and now, but previously, I could put CSS in a character page profile tab using tags and have it work properly. This was great, because it allowed a workaround for giving pictures to NPC contacts, among other things.

Now, it looks as though it’s only working if the entire tag is forced onto one line with no returns. Otherwise, though it doesn’t show up, everything in the tag gets formatting which prevents it from functioning.

Could style tags and anything between them be left as typed, please?

(Actually, I’d quite like having a specific box in which we could put personal CSS, but I can also see that potentially confusing people who had no idea what it was for, so ‘put a tag in one of your profile tabs’ is good enough for me.)

Thank you!

I didn’t change anything related to the profile tabs in any recent release, so I’m not sure what happened. Personal CSS isn’t really officially supported, but it’s markdown so it should support basic HTML type stuff.

Can you point me to an example page (PM if you don’t want to share publicly) so I can see what’s going on?

Hmm… that’s interestingly odd. The example I have handy isn’t my own page, so yeah, I’ll PM it.

I can say that it always (where ‘always’ is from when I first tried to do the NPC thing so, a couple months ago?) insisted any CSS put in a relationship had to be on one line, but in a profile tab it was perfectly happy to be properly spaced out.

So I looked into it.

It seems to work consistently if the <style> is the very first thing in the text block, even if it’s spread across multiple lines.

But once you get down into the markdown (even if it’s just with a blank space), you hit a combination of conditions - between Markdown thinking that you’re in paragraph blocks, coupled with the wiki extension to turn #npc into a heading “NPC”.

Also if a lot of folks are using the NPC thing, I can go ahead and add in a way to just set a NPC image. I really didn’t think it was that popular. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! And yeah, it’s getting used. It’s a question that comes up a bunch! A standard way to just do it on any given relationship would be great. (A tickbox to mark it as an NPC and not link the name since the page won’t exist might be smooth too.)