Not talking to Ares Central

We seem to have stopped communicating with Ares Central. Do you know what might be causing this? What files should I be checking?

Check the error log and see if there’s any more detail about why it’s failing to communicate. AresCentral seems to be up and working okay at the moment.

We did get it fixed (don’t ask me how, glitch hunted it down), but now we appear to be showing up twice on Ares Central. Can that be fixed?

In other news, we’re officially in Alpha today! Time to break all the things.

1 Like

I deleted the duplicate entry. It looks like @Glitch fixed it by wiping your old AresCentral registration and re-registering the game. Which is totally fine, but I’d still be curious what the original problem was. Sounded like a bug of some sort. Were there any errors in the log? Or did anything weird happen with handles or anything before you updated your game status?

Side note - congrats on going to Alpha. I guess I don’t have an Alpha status in the game status selection, only Beta. Does that bug you?

There were some problems in the code for the game that was initially making a mess of the cron, but after that got sorted out, I think the actual issue with arescentral was that the game had been re-installed fresh and no longer had a reference to its game code. So the game thought it wasn’t registered and, after trying to re-register the game, I ran into this:

1 Like

Ah - yeah that’s a bug.

If you’re trying to register the game, returning if it’s not registered is nonsensical :slight_smile:

Doing game/register should have been able to re-register the game for you.

I’ll fix that. Thanks!