Character still listed in scene

I used my OOC/admin character to open a scene, but never posed in with that bit. The admin character is not in the scene, but is showing up on the scenes list on the MUSH. It looks right on the portal.

No errors in the log, and it doesn’t seem to be affecting anything other than the scenes command on the MUSH.

Is the admin character in the room?

Nope. Only shows up on scenes - not in the scene on where or on the portal.

We couldn’t make it happen again by adding another admin-alt to a different scene, but I can check the next time I open one to see if it happens again?

So… the game side and web side work a little differently in this case.

The game side is including the owner in the character list. This was intended as a way to let people know if a scene was GM-run, since a GM might not otherwise appear in the scene list.

The web side only shows actual participants, because of the visual overlap with the completed scene log and the expectation that you don’t see GM chars normally in the finished log.

It’s working as intended, but I can see where that may cause some confusion so I will ponder more. Thanks for letting me know.

1 Like

Ah-hah. That makes sense.

If it’s by design, and it was just me being lazy when I setup the scene? I’ll quit doing it that way. :wink:

1 Like