Background review on portal

The ‘bg’ command lets me view my currently-set background, in my client. However, I asked while on Gray Harbor, and none of the people currently online knows of a way to view your own background on the portal, unless it’s public to everyone.

For instance, for my character on Gray Harbor’s webpage, I have background hidden from others. However, this also means I’m not able to read it myself, as even when I’m logged in, it doesn’t show up on my page for me.

Is there a way we could view our character backgrounds on the portal? I really dislike spamming myself in the client with it, and would love to leisurely read it on the portal.

Thanks!

1 Like

As far as I know, backgrounds are viewable on the portal in the standard aresmush configuration. Even if the ‘Share background’ box isn’t checked, you should be able to view the background of your character on the portal. The checkbox toggles whether or not others can see your background.

Unless they’ve done something to disable that specifically on Gray Harbor, it’s not possible by default, at least when I look at my own character page. Background doesn’t show up for me at all. Is it located somewhere else?

Background should be located in one of the tabviews, between RP Hooks and Description. You have made sure, you are logged in on the webportal?

Yep, I’m sure. It says, “Welcome, (charactername)!” and I’m getting to the page by clicking on my character page icon at the top. It’s not located between RP Hooks and Description. There’s nothing there, for me.

Yeah, currently it only shows on the portal if you have it shared. I can make it show for just yourself even if it’s private. Thanks for the suggestion.

1 Like