App/Approve Error (key{position})

When I execute “app/approve” on someone I get the following error…

%% Sorry! The code lost its mind while executing a command. Not your fault.
Please send this error information to the admins and tell them what you were doing at the time:
Description: “app/approve alex”
Error: “key{position} not found”

Can you please provide the error details from the debug log? It sounds like something might be messed up in the way it’s handling your groups configuration.

Sure thing:

2019-04-15 23:23:21 ERROR - Error in app/approve alex: client=113 error=key{position} not found backtrace=["/home/ares/aresmush/plugins/chargen/helpers.rb:137:in %'", "/home/ares/aresmush/plugins/chargen/helpers.rb:137:inapprove_char’", “/home/ares/aresmush/plugins/chargen/commands/app_approve_cmd.rb:23:in block in handle'", "/home/ares/aresmush/engine/aresmush/helpers/class_target_finder.rb:25:inwith_a_character’”, “/home/ares/aresmush/plugins/chargen/commands/app_approve_cmd.rb:22:in handle'", "/home/ares/aresmush/engine/aresmush/plugin/command_handler.rb:25:inon_command’”, “/home/ares/aresmush/engine/aresmush/commands/dispatcher.rb:83:in block (3 levels) in on_command'", "/home/ares/aresmush/engine/aresmush/error_block.rb:6:inwith_error_handling’”, “/home/ares/aresmush/engine/aresmush/commands/dispatcher.rb:78:in block (2 levels) in on_command'", "/home/ares/aresmush/engine/aresmush/commands/dispatcher.rb:76:ineach’”]

What does your config option for welcome_message look like in chargen.yml? The default one is Please welcome %{name}, our latest %{position} to be approved!, and it requires that you have a group named “Position”. I suspect you do not, and just need to modify that message in your config to remove the group or replace it with one that exists. See Chargen Message Config for more information.

Ahh, thanks. I’ll do that.