Ability to read a range of forum posts in the client

It would be nice to be able to read a range of forum posts.

“forum 1/u” will allow you to read all the posts in forum 1 but if you wanted to say read posts 8 through 20 there is no way to do that.

It would be cool to be able to type “forum 1/8-20” and read a range of posts.

Thanks!

Thanks for the suggestion.

Can you help me understand when you would want to do that? I can get wanting to read all the unread posts all at once via 1/u, but why would you want a specific range of posts?

I was actually thinking about requesting this as well. Sometimes you want to read a bunch of posts but not ALL the unread posts at one time. Or there might be a specific section of a discussion I want to re-read without having to type forum 1/1, forum 1/2, etc.

1 Like

Okeydokey. I can add this to the wish list.

In case I might want to hop on and read the last 10 posts or so to revisit part of a conversation and its follow-ups, or perhaps I want to know what the latest few plot items were but not read the whole forum, or I accidentally did a catchup on the wrong board, or perhaps it’s a board I don’t really follow but someone says “Hey, read this handful of posts here and tell me what you think…” and they’re right in the middle. I like being able to pull them all up on my screen at once.

1 Like